August 5th, 2020 by admin
While the world has grappled with how to stop the spread of COVID-19, essential workers like managed service providers have also had to adapt our business practices to protect our employees rapidly, their families, and our community. In addition to following all CDC and state and local guidelines, the ICX management team has also implemented these following procedures to ensure safety for everyone. We wanted to share some of what we are doing to help spark ideas for other businesses who are all in the same boat.
- We have limited in-office personnel to essential staff only (typically two people at a time) and sent everyone else to work from home or rotate into the office, keeping the bare minimum team in the office together at one time.
- All work trips or events must be reviewed/pre-approved by the CEO or COO to ensure they are vital and necessary and can be done with the least exposure possible.
- Staff who regularly commute via public transportation are asked to work from home to avoid public transport at this time.
- No one that is slated to come into the office can have any symptoms of illness or fever for at least 48-hours prior. If a team member returns from a trip from a high concentration area of COVID, staff are required to work from home for 14-days.
- Parents with kids out of school due to COVID can also work from home.
- All staff must always wear a mask while inside the building unless in your private office with the door closed and at least 6 feet away from all coworkers.
- We have provided masks, hand sanitizer, and desk spacing to ensure safe social distancing and sanitation for on-site employees.
- If on-site technical work must occur during this time and cannot be resolved remotely, we always require employees to work 6 feet apart while on-site and to wear a mask and gloves.
If we can help your company get more employees working remotely, feel free to request a free remote work consultation, and our team will be happy to help!