Back to Basics: Service Desk Support FAQs
August 11th, 2021 by admin
Our talented Service Desk support team are the backbone of the I.T. Managed Services solutions we deliver every day. They can troubleshoot and fix a variety of simple or complex problems with your device so your work day can continue being productive. There is nothing worse than employees sitting around waiting for the 'I.T.' guy to show up! Here's our quick guide of the most common questions we get, and the answers to help you understand what’s included in Service Desk Support, how the service is delivered, and what solutions we use. FAQs guide. Review it now and give us a call if you need a better I.T. support option for your team!
Q1: What does Service Desk Support cover?
- 24/7/365 Device Monitoring (Firewall Switches, Access Points, Desktops and Laptops)
- Advanced Endpoint Protection (Webroot SecureAnywhere)
- Microsoft Management
- Third-Party Patch Management (Adobe, Java, Apple, Mozilla)
- PC/Laptop Health Screening
- Device Support and Problem Resolution
- Application Management
- Asset Management
- Third-Party Technology Vendor Management
- Does Not Include On-Site Technical Support
Q2: How much does Service Desk Support cost?
A: View our current Service Catalog for all pricing. Contact us to view.
Q3: What are the hours to receive help?
A: Our US-Based remote Service Desk Support center is staffed 5 days a week, 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM EST.
Q4: How do I contact support?
A: Call ICX at 904-208-2195 or email Info@icxmsp.com.
Q5: What RMM do you use?
A: We use Continuum and ConnectWise.
Q6: Do you outsource your support?
A: No, we do not outsource support. All support is handled from our Jacksonville, FL office by trained professionals.
Q7: Support highlights
- Experienced, polite technical staff
- Flat rate pricing
- Real time alerts via email
- Network Monitoring
Q8: What antivirus tools do you use?
A: We use Webroot SecureAnywhere – learn more here. We also use SentinelOne Endpoint Security.
Q9: Do you do DarkWeb scanning?
A: Yes, we use DarkWeb ID - learn more here.
Q10: Is the data stored locally on my PC backed up with ICX?
A: Not unless you have additionally purchased Endpoint Data Protection through ICX is an additional fee per user per month.
This service includes:
- Daily Cloud Backup of PC/Laptop/Tablet/Smartphone
- 256-bit Encryption
- Up to 250GB Cloud Storage
Q11: Is on-site support included?
A: No, on-site support is additional to your monthly remote technical support and is generally billed at $150/hr. Please reference question #2 for the link to our pricing catalog.
Q12: What are some common helpdesk issues the Helpdesk Support Service would address?
A: While we handle a variety of more complex issues through the Helpdesk Support team, below are a few more common situations we help with:
- Basic Wi-Fi Configuration Help - The Support Team will attempt to determine if the End-User has a working Wi-Fi device and is locating a Wireless Signal using guidelines set for the most common types of Wi-Fi devices.
- Login difficulties - The Support Team will review with the End-User the correct format for the username on the log in pages. The Support Team will attempt to verify that the correct settings are enabled in the End-Users Browser and verify that the End-User is not using security software that may be blocking access.
- E-mail - The Support Team will provide the End-User with the settings needed to send and receive email over a wireless connection using the most common email programs.